Our FAQ pages should contain the answers to most of the common questions that users ask about eBid. If you can't find what you are looking for then the eBid Forum Community will be more than willing to help out. Search for the answer to your question or post a new thread containing your question. If you think your question would be valuable to others then feel free to leave it on the Additions to FAQ pages thread.
Help : FAQ : eBid Affiliate Program and Buddy Points Program
Find questions and answers relating to our affiliate program and Buddy Points Loyalty Points. Don't forget to check out the HTV (How to Video) page for this subject. You'll find helpful videos stepping you through common problems. Click here for the HTVs on this subject.
- What's an Affiliate Program?
- How much will you pay me?
- How do I join?
- What do I do after I join?
- What are Buddy Points?
- How do I earn Buddy Points?
- How do I spend Buddy Points?
Can't find an answer? Ask on the eBid forums.
1) What's an Affiliate Program?
An Affiliate Program is the system whereby you advertise our website for us on your emails, on your website, to your friends etc. If someone follows your link to eBid and joins eBid as a BUYER or upgrades to SELLER or SELLER+ status then we will pay you for that referral.
2) How much will you pay me?
Payouts for BUYER registrations and SELLER upgrades are a fixed amount, currently $2.50 (this is USD and will be converted to the currency of your choice). If your referrals upgrade to SELLER+ then the payout is 50% of the upgrade fee. Currently the most you can receive for a single referral is $104.99, that's just for one person clicking one of your links on your social site/website or email and upgrading.
4) What do I do after I join?
You can choose between banners or plain text links. Place them on your website, on your forum signatures, on your email signatures, Facebook pages or anywhere potential members of eBid will find them. The more places you promote eBid the more likely you will refer new users to us and therefore earn more.
5) What are Buddy Points?
The eBid Buddy Points program is eBid's own Loyalty Card system. You can earn and accumulate points during your trading career that can be used throughout the site.
You can view your current Buddy Point total at My eBid > My Buddy Points.
6) How do I earn Buddy Points?
Buddy Points are earned by referring your buddies and friends. Add your friends' email addresses to the form on this page.
They will then be sent an email inviting them to come and join eBid. You can also add your unique Buddy Point Link that can be found in the My eBid > My Buddy Points section to emails and web pages. You will earn Buddy Points once a customer clicks on your Buddy Point Link then registers with eBid. You will not earn points if a customer views your listing via a search engine or similar and clicks on the Buy Now option, but does not click on your Buddy Point Link. Customers must click on your link prior to registration to earn points. Once they join you will earn 1 point for each. If they then upgrade to SELLER you will earn another 2 points, if they upgrade to SELLER+ you will earn another 5 points.
Points are also available via the following trigger points.
- Referring a Buddy = 1 points
- Buddy SELLER Upgrade = 2 points
- Buddy SELLER+ Upgrade = 5 points
- Making a Bid Meeting Reserve = 0.5% of reserve price (max 5 points)
- Purchasing via Winning Bid = 1.0% of final bid (max 5 points)
- Purchasing Using BuyNow = 1.0% of BuyNow price (max 5 points)
- Receiving Positive Feedback = 0.5% of final bid OR BuyNow price (max 5 points)
- You can receive 20 buddy points for each social networking site you follow us on. A list of applicable sites can be found on the eBid & Social Networks section.
There is a maximum limit of 7 points per month on each of the following:
- Making a Bid Meeting Reserve (7 points max)
- Purchasing Using BuyNow (7 points max)
- Receiving Positive Feedback (7 points max)
There is a maximum limit of 3 points per quarter between two users on each of the following:
- Making a Bid Meeting Reserve (3 points max)
- Purchasing Using BuyNow (3 points max)
- Receiving Positive Feedback (3 points max)
Please note all figures in this section are subject to change.
You can review your Buddy Point statement at My eBid > My Buddy Points (left hand menu).
7) How do I spend Buddy Points?
If you have placed a bid on a Buddy Point listing and you are successful, your Buddy Point balance will automatically be reduced by the amount of Buddy Points spent. Click here
. to view Buddy Auctions currently running.
If you have placed a bid on a Buddy Point listing and you are successful, your Buddy Point balance will automatically be reduced by the amount of Buddy Points spent.